One of the most common symptoms of PCOS is difficulty conceiving and getting pregnant. There are a few reasons for this, but the main reason it affects fertility in a lot of PCOS sufferers, is because it can give you irregular cycles - so predicting when you’re most fertile becomes much more difficult.
However, for many women, there can be concerns about egg quality too. Egg health plays a key role in healthy fertility, so anything you can do to improve the quality of your eggs is a good, positive step to take. The good news is, egg quality isn’t something that is considered irreversible - and there are products out there to help you improve the quality of your eggs, and therefore improve your chances of conceiving.
Myo-Inositol supplement (click here to shop) is a good way to do this. Inositol, in the form of myo-inositol, may help improve fertility rates in women with PCOS - which is why it’s one of our best-selling supplements. Here’s a little information about our own Myo-Inositol product:
- The only product on the market to contain unique blend of 3 key ingredients: myo-inositol + folate + chromium
- Easy to swallow tablets that are suitable for vegans & vegetarians
- Manufactured in the UK to the highest standards in the world
- 120 tablets per bottle that offer 30 days’ supply
- Daily dosage of four tablets typically provides: 4000mg myo-inositol, 200ug folate, 100ug chromium
What is Myo-Inositol?
Myo-inositol is part of the vitamin B group (B8) and is used by the body for many cell functions. In this example, for fertility, Myo-Inositol is probably most used and has had most proven results for promoting normal ovulation and hormone balance. In the last few years there has been new research around Myo-Inositol which has shown it to also improve egg quality too. This makes it a great all-rounder for women with PCOS, and means it is helping you tackle those fertility issues from several angles and approaches.
There are some recent studies to confirm the benefits of Myo-Inositol:
- A 2002 study links higher levels of myo-inositol in follicular fluid to improved egg quality and maturation rates.
- A 2016 study shows a combination therapy of myo-inositol and melatonin increases the success of medical fertility treatments. Women treated with the combination therapy experienced improvements in quality of eggs and embryos, reduced FSH levels and reduced number of treatment days.
- Animal studies show myo-inositol supports normal blastocyst development (the early stages of fetal growth).
- Myo-inositol is vital for cell membrane health and supports chemical messengers throughout the body. It forms a critical component of follicular fluid and plays a role in healthy follicle development.