Triple Berry Smoothie
This is my absolute favourite smoothie and it’s perfect for those of us suffering from PCOS. As a rule, I try to limit myself to 2 servings of fruit a day and try to keep it to berries and satsumas rather than apples and pears (which I miss terribly!). Berries are some of the lowest GI fruits so feel free to mix it up with this smoothie. You even get your daily dose of greens too! It’s a great quick breakfast on the go or a nutritious afternoon snack
- 2 cups liquid (water, almond milk, etc.)
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 cup frozen organic berries (raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 handful of spinach
- Coconut shavings (optional)
- Walnuts (optional)
- A couple of ice cubes if you like it really cold!
- Simply combine all ingredients into blender
- Pour into a tall glass.
- Sprinkle with coconut and walnuts (if using)