PCOS Three Bean Chilli Recipe
Better weather might be on its way but until it’s time to get your legs out we have to deal with the typical British weather. Which means chilly evenings for a while!
Well, I have a hearty, healthy dinner on hand which fits brilliantly into a PCOS diet and will get you through to those warmer days. I’m trying to cut beef out of my diet, so this is a great alternative to a beef chilli. You will need a slow cooker for this, or if you don’t just leave on the hob for at least 2 to 4 hours.
This recipe is quite mild, but if you like it hot then add more chilli powder and don’t deseed the jalapenos.
- 1 pint organic vegetable stock
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can no-salt-added pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Sour cream to serve
- A handful of chopped fresh coriander
- One cup of brown Rice
Fry the onion in oil until soft and then add the red pepper and fry for five minutes. Once soft, add all of the other ingredients apart from the brown rice, sour cream and coriander.
Pop on the slow cooker for 8 hours and serve with the brown rice, sour cream and coriander.