Now that summer is on its way all I am craving are nice fresh salads. Greek salad is so easy to make and really reminds me of balmy summer evenings somewhere in the Mediterranean! Unfortunately, I live in the city so I’ll just have to make do with this delicious salad substitute which has been a brilliant healthy addition to my PCOS diet!
- 4 large vine tomatoes, or a handful of baby plum tomatoes
- Half a cucumber roughly chopped
- ½ a red onion, thinly sliced
- Black olives
- 1 avocado
- Handful of fresh basil
- 85g feta cheese, cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
On the side:
- Hummus and toasted pitta bread
Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl, lightly season, then serve with wheat free bread or pitta and hummus.
Told you it was easy!